I'm going to try and catalog the most recent postings of various literature articles that the
I don't have a great place to remind you all that the wonderful IrrevocableFate keeps a list of literature contests for us all, but you should all check it out anyway! (Last updated: 16 March.)
Center of the Universe
Also known as CRLiterature. In case you've forgotten, we have a great team of literature Community Volunteers who keep tabs on the literature community and make a central place for us to congregate for news and awesome literature. They're good people, and don't let me hear anyone say different! (Except you, lovely CVs, you can demean yourselves all you like, that's your business...)
Daily Literature Deviations by the DailyLitDeviations team
Daily Literature Deviations is a group that is dedicated to bringing literature to the forefront of the deviantART community. We attempt to accomplish this by daily featuring Literature artists from around the community that deserve the recognition, but are not getting it. Each day they feature 5 deviations from the Literature categories in a News Article. The group has a number of administrators to whom you can send suggestions, the list can be found here. They also have additional articles you can find through the group, such as a weekly listing of DLDs that were later given DDs and a Saturday Spotlight interview.
- for April 10th: featuring Tales-of-Tao, Iago-de-Xibalba, peaceinnadisworld, Leonca, and bluesman
- for April 9th: featuring TheLaughingDreamer, stargirl2791, Sasukesadork, TheGlassIris, and CrumpetsHarvey
- for April 7th: featuring SrTw, Nina-Lyn, BlakeCurran, farand, and SgtPossum
- for April 6th: featuring rociobelindamendez, thesquareroot, insomniaplague, LadyBrookeCelebwen, and Bbburn
- for April 4th: featuring hopeburnsblue, BloodshotInk, Yitik, HeadmistressMercedes, and DreamingAutumn
- for April 2nd: featuring neonsquiggle, back-bones, AngeloDellaMusica, bluewaterlilly, and drolebouillon
- for March 31st: featuring reechy, BleedingProphecies, TheVoiceofMadness, kilkegard, and SgtPossum
Love dA Lit by IrrevocableFate
Like Daily Lit Deviant, there's no way I can post all of the Love dA Lit articles because she's been at it for three years. Cue the last two calendar months' (with a week off for LIT me explain u a thing thank goodness) until I write an index. More when I code that scroll-box. Every Sunday this article will aim to promote volunteer opportunities, various resources, prompts, challenges, and workshops, as well as highlighting various contests, and spotlighting a specific group or project for two weeks. This is by no means a complete list of all the literature going-ons, merely a tool to help you get involved and stay informed.
And don't forget to check out her new add-on, Love dA Lit Loves You!
- Issue 165 (6 April 2014)
- Issue 164 (30 Mar 2014)
- Issue 163 (23 Mar 2014)
- Issue 162 (16 Mar 2014)
- Issue 161 (9 Mar 2014)
- Issue 160 (2 Mar 2014)
dAuthors by DorianHarper
After a lovely interview on his own novel project, DorianHarper got to thinking of starting a new feature project on the first of each month, highlighting and celebrating the vast variety of novels and their authors that are on the site! He hopes to bring awareness to some of the many wonderful full-length and in-progress longer works here on dA, as well as hopefully get them some new readers.
Because Dorian keeps a list of links to old articles at the bottom of each feature, I'm only going to feature the current article here. This is merely a space-saving measure, in no way do I love Dorian any less than the others.
Ladies of Lit by LadyLincoln
This article is a monthly assortment of literature features from a selection of female deviants here on deviantART, all of them suggested by you. There's also a variety of other things of interest, including a deviant spotlight, upcoming events, a selection of other interesting Literature news links, and a "meet our contributors" section.
Because LadyLincoln keeps a list of links to old articles at the bottom of each feature, I'm only going to feature the current article here. This is merely a space-saving measure, in no way do I love LadyLincoln any less than the others.
- Volume XLI (7 April 2014): featuring SheDares, WhitePlumFragrance, MadxRhapsodyx17, and a spotlight on Concora
League of Lit Groups by IrrevocableFate
Like groups? Want to join a group's admin team? Well this article is for you! Posted once a month (on the fourth Tuesday?) this article will revisit one past group spotlight from Love dA Lit and one literature group who is in need of admins to help with their various group activities.
- Volume 10 (23 March): revisiting Letters-To-Myself and taking a look at PoeticalCondition
- Volume 9 (Jan 2014): revisiting DeviantLITERATURE and taking a look at FantasyLiterature
- Volume 8 (Dec 2013): revisiting Word-Smiths and taking a look at PowerfulWriting
- Volume 7: revisiting and taking a look at Prosepoetry-Elegance
- Volume 6: revisiting NaNoWriM0 and taking a look at GrammarNaziCritiques
- Volume 5: revisiting Poetry-To-The-Masses/PoetryToTheMasses and taking a look at RomanceforEveryone
- Volume 1: kickoff, woo! revisiting and taking a look at DailyLitDeviations
Literary Compass by mirz-alt
Due to the nature of the site, shorter works tend to get more focus. It's easier to quickly read a poem or a short story, and thus many of the feature articles on dA showcase those works. However, there are many novelists and serial writers among the mix, oftentimes fighting an uphill battle to have their works seen and appreciated. With that in mind, mirz-alt has started an article to spotlight some of those artists and their literary-worlds. The works covered in this feature will exclusively be long-form fiction such as novels, trilogies, etc., or fiction serials. The group LiteraryCompass keeps track of the articles and novels alike.
- Volume 16 (8 Jan 2014): the land of Dendoa, featured in spadiekitchenqueen's "Mist and Steel", part of "The Derkomai Trilogy"
- Volume 15 (December 2013): the urban-fantasy world of Al Senia, featured in the novel, "Al Senia: The Last Crystal" by Justus Manglius (justMANGO)
- Volume 14 (November 2013): next stop, 1700s England and the high seas beyond, as featured in the novel, "Gypsy Scar" written by P. Anastasia (Graphix-Goddess)
- Volume 13: Victorian-era London, featured in the novel, "Fiction" written by Dorian Harper (DorianHarper)
- Volume 12: checking out the comicbook-inspired universe of Seeker City created by Tae-Rai and featured in the serial, "Batmaster and Frosty"
- Volume 11: the mythology-inspired world of The Shredded Lands created by DameOdessa and featured in the French-language serial, "The Shredded Lands"
- Volume 1: Sadly, the author featured in this issue left deviantART and no longer hosts her works on the site. There are many other great novels and series featured. Check out the Compass Articles gallery for other past issues.
30 Writers You Should Discover by LadyLincoln
An assortment every couple of months featuring various authors on deviantART who are well worth getting to know. All of their respective galleries are packed full of tremendous deviations that the author enjoys and hopes that you will too. If you have suggestions, you can note her (one suggestion per note please), to see your top favorites featured in Volume 20, coming April 2014. (I assume this means Vol. 19 is already booked up.)
- Volume XIX (February 2014)
- Volume XVIII (December 2013)
- Volume XVII (August 2013)
- Volume XVI (June 2013)
- Volume XV (April 2013)
- Volume XIV (February 2013): a "rediscovery" article with some of LadyLincoln's favorites
- Volume I, that started it all... (November 2010)
Community Participation: Be A Critic!
One of our CVs, GrimFace242, has brought back the wildly popular Be A Critic series, now located at its own group, BeACritic! The challenge is to pick one of the pieces that were featured, give it constructive critique, and then leave a comment on the journal with a link to your critique. These have deadlines, so if you want to participate in the challenge, you have to do it on time. But the features are good forever.
Because Grim has the group to keep track of old articles, I'm only going to feature the current article here. This is merely a space-saving measure, in no way do I love GrimFace242 any less than the others.
(On Hiatus) Daily Lit Deviant by NichrysalisIn case anyone else had doubts about percentages of sanity possessed by Nichrysalis, he started a daily feature article, Daily Lit Deviant. It is an article put out on a daily basis throughout the year that is devoted to showing the work and accomplishments of one writer per article and presenting exemplary pieces of their work. It is based off of bowie-loon123's series of articles of the same name.
More to Come, but you can Contact Me
Since I obviously have failed to find all the articles from the literature community, please note me! I want the outstanding articles from the literature community about the literature community for the wider community. I'm not currently interested in personal choice features (there are simply too many to include) or group-centric news, but you're welcome to try me. Worst I can say is no. (Fair warning, the longer this article gets, the pickier I'm gonna be.)